Common Application Essay Questions
Are you applying for colleges? Is it time for you to start preparing to fill out all of the necessary information in order to have the best chance to be considered for a spot within the higher education institutions that you are applying for? There are a number of questions that are unique to each institution. However, there are also a lot of questions that are common among all colleges and universities. Some of the most common questions that you will probably be asked to answer for any college application include:
- Personal information- This will be an entire section about your name, address, and demographic.
- Educational experience- You will be asked to fill out information outlining the various educational institutions that you have attended and how well you did at each school. Furthermore, you will be asked about your GPA, and your major or minor course of study if it is relevant.
- Work experience- If you have had any work experience or volunteer experience, you will be asked to elaborate on it in the application.
These are the most common sections that you will have to fill out on any college application.
Some of the most common questions that you will be asked to answer that offer a more personal look in to your goals and dreams include:
- Why do you wish to attend this school and program?
- What makes you feel as though you would be a good fit for this program?
- How did you hear about this program?
- What is your favorite element of this program?
- Have you ever done anything like the courses that are offered in this program?
These questions are designed to pull out the inner motives for you to want to engage in these specific programs. The colleges want to hear in your own words what makes you believe that you would be a valuable member to the program. Furthermore, the college wants to know how you feel the program will impact your life. This is a great way for colleges to feel as though they are making a better choice for the candidates that they select for each program. Once you have filled out one college application, you will find that many of them ask similar questions regarding the student’s interaction with the specific program. It is often helpful to consider your answers before you complete the applications in order to have a concrete understanding of your honest answer and how to best communicate it.