Writing A Brilliant Personal Essay From Scratch
Many higher learning institutions require students to write personal statements about themselves whenever they are applying to join their institutions. At first, writing a personal essay might seem like a walk in the park. After all, how hard can it be to write about oneself?
However, many students soon realize that they had greatly undermined the task involved in writing the personal essay. This is because through the paper the student is supposed to showcase to the reader what they are skilled in, passionate about and even what their accomplishments are. In a way that they do not appear stuck up, the applicant is supposed to convince the reader or examiner that they deserves the opportunity. A person who is writing the essay from scratch could use the following tips.
- First of all the student should make a detailed list of all their accomplishments, interests and personal achievements that they would wish to talk about. It might be unique talents such as being gifted in sports or someone could talk about hardships or a time that they coped with disappointment.
- A person should then make sure that their essay introduction is one that grabs the attention of the reader. This might involve mentioning of a thought provoking statement, a famous quote, a proverb or even a witty joke. This would ensure that the reader desires to read more of the essay.
- A person should then decide on the information that they would wish to include after the introduction. The information that the person includes should be put across in a logical manner so as to help develop the paragraphs of the essay body.
- One should then start writing, having in mind the ideas that they had come up with in the early stages. He or she should think about their individual or personal achievements, interests and accomplishments that make them stand out from all the other applicants. Whatever information the applicant includes here should be closely related to the introduction.
- After finishing with the writing of the body, the applicant should conclude the essay. This might involve identifying one or two concrete points that the applicant would wish for the reader to capture from the essay, and concluding with a strong convincing statement.
- Lastly the writer should revise and proof read the essay before submitting it. This would ensure that the essay is lacking any thing that may cause it to be ineffective. Such might include grammatical errors, spelling mistakes or even ambiguous sentences.